Connecting with people around the world using social media apps like Badoo has become really important over the years. With Badoo, you can find people locally or internationally, of the same or a different cultural background. Through the app, you can meet virtual strangers, make friends, and even rate their photos. Whether you’re looking for a fun time to make friends, or want to flirt with potential dates, with millions of people on the app, you have plenty of people to choose from.
Badoo has a very user-friendly interface, and chatting with people is pretty straightforward. So let’s see what you have to do to start chatting right away.
Setting up the app
- Search for and then install the Badoo app from the Play Store on your Android, or from the App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
- Once installed, you can launch Badoo from the Store by tapping Open or tapping the app on your device.
- Connect to the application via Facebook by typing your username (or email address) and password, or by using your email address and clicking the login button.
Configure your profile and preferences
Editing your profile
- First open your Badoo app and tap Your Profile in the lower right corner, then tap Edit Profile in the upper right corner.
- Upload some good photos or videos of yourself. Try not to upload too many selfies, as people want to see photos of you being active and doing something fun.
- Fill in as much information as you are comfortable giving. The more information you provide, the greater the chances that people will be able to connect with what you like and want to send you a message.
- Connect so many other social media accounts to your Badoo profile. Doing so will make your profile more legitimate, and will let people know that you are active on your account.
- Fill in your interests. You can add as many interests as you want, and the more interests you add, the easier it is to find common ground.
- Tap Nearby people in the lower left corner and then tap Filter in the upper right corner to set your preferences.
- You can then choose which location by tapping the Nearby People button.
- After that, you can tap Boys, Girls or Both to choose the gender of the people you would like to meet.
- And the last thing is to set your age preference.
Find people to chat
Now you’re ready to chat, well, almost … The last thing you have to do is show people that you want to chat with them, and you can do it in two ways.
- Go to the Nearby People tab at the bottom left. There you can see the people that Badoo has chosen for you based on your location and preferences. You can then tap on their pictures and if you’re interested in messaging them, tap on the Like button (<3).
- Go to the Encounters tab (second tab at the bottom). There you can choose the people you want to chat with. If you’re not interested, you can tap the X button or swipe left on your image, and if you are, you can tap the Heart button or swipe right.
Messages from people
Now that everything else is done, you can finally start messaging the people you have liked.
- Go to the chat tab (Room at the bottom). There you will find all the people that you have liked and have liked.
- Touch the picture of the person you want to send a message to.
- If you want to send a text message, tap “Write a message…” and your device’s keyboard will appear. If you’re messaging the person for the first time, try sending a good icebreaker. You could say something fun or interesting, or give them a compliment. There are many good icebreakers for you to search online.
- You can also send “gifts” or GIFs to people. The gifts are high-quality illustrations made especially for Badoo, but they cost credits, so send them only if you really like the person. GIFs are free and there are many to choose from, so find the perfect one to make the other person laugh.
- When the person starts replying to your messages, you can also send them a photo or start a live video chat. Use these options when you feel more comfortable talking to the person.
- Badoo also has an option for people to broadcast live, and you can also message them. Just tap on the Livestream tab (third from the bottom) and tap on one of the thousands of people streaming and get to messaging.
Keep conversations interesting
If you want to keep talking to the people you’ve paired with and get to know them better, you need to keep them engaged in what you are saying. Find out what you have in common, make them laugh, but the most important thing is to have fun!