When you browse the internet it is normal that you come across the cookie notice on some pages; something that for many Google Chrome users can be annoying. Therefore, in this post we will explain how to remove cookie notice from web pages in the Google Chrome browser.
How to Remove Cookie Notice from Web Pages in the Google Chrome Browser
Surely you have ever wondered what cookies are for and how they work on web pages. Well, cookies are files that websites create to save the browsing data of each user so that they can enjoy a simpler browsing experience.
They allow you to save your browsing preferences, that many pages load faster and will also show you other pages similar to your searches. There are two types of cookies: Own cookies, are those created by the website you visit; and third-party cookies, are those that design websites with the aim of creating advertising profiles.
- Abre Google Chrome.
- In the upper right corner you will find three points in a vertical position, click there .
- When a menu is displayed, select “Configuration” .
- It will immediately redirect you to the “Settings” page; On the left side of the screen you will see a side menu. Look for the option “Privacy and security” and click there.
- Now you need to click on the drop-down arrow for the “Site Settings” option (it can also say, website settings).
- In the “Permissions” section, you must select “Site and cookie data” .
- Immediately a window “Site data and cookies” will open in it you can activate and deactivate cookies.
- To disable cookies you must move the switch to the left of the option “Allow sites to save and read cookie data.” You can also activate the switch (move the switch to the right) of the “Block third-party cookies” option so that websites cannot use your browsing activity to personalize ads.
If you are not so sure that you want to completely eliminate cookies, another option that you should take into account is to erase the caches and cookies stored in Google Chrome, as this could help you navigate the Internet faster.
As you have probably seen, cookie notices do not only appear on your computer, but also on Android and iPhone devices. But do not worry, it is very easy to enable or delete Cookies on your mobile . You just have to follow these steps:
- Open the Google Chrome app on your Android device.
- In the upper right corner you will see three dots in a vertical position, click there .
- Select “Settings” (Settings).
- You will immediately see a list with multiple options; Find the “Advanced Settings” section and select “Website Settings.”
- Click on the «Cookies» option .
- When a new window opens, you will see the option «Cookies» and next to it you will see a blue switch; slide it to the left to deactivate cookies (the switch will turn gray).
- In that same window you can block third-party cookies, if you want to activate it, check the box that appears next to that option.
When you deactivate the cookies in your Google Chrome browser, you may encounter the inconvenience that you will not be able to access certain pages until you activate the cookies; because for many pages it is mandatory to accept the cookie policies. Even disabling cookies can result in many web pages not working properly.
If you are not entirely sure that you want to completely delete cookies from Google Chrome web pages, another good option is to delete your Google Chrome browsing history , both on your Windows or iOS computer and on your Android phone.
From the computer:
- Follow steps 1 through 6 above.
- When you are in the “Site and cookie data” window; click on the “See all cookies and site data” option .
- Press the button in the upper right corner «Delete all» .
- A message will appear confirming if you are sure you want to delete cookies, click on “Delete all” .
- Done your cookie history has been deleted.
- Follow steps 1-3.
- When you see a list with several options, choose “Privacy” found in the “Advanced settings” section.
- Now click on «Clear browsing data».
- In the “Time interval” option, display the arrow and choose the period of time in which you want to delete cookies.
- Check the box on the right side of the option “Cookies and site data” ; If you only want to delete cookies uncheck the other options.
- Press the button «Delete data» .
- A box will appear where you must confirm that you are sure to delete cookies, click on «Delete» .
- All cookie history will be erased. But keep in mind that they facilitate your internet browsing.