Errors in Windows can greatly affect the user experience and more if they do not find practical solutions to them. In the case of update error 0x800705b4 , it can negatively affect the integrity of your PC and prevent you from performing software updates properly, which is very serious.
Now, for all those people who still do not know how to solve this error we have prepared the topic How to fix the update error 0x800705b4 in Windows 10 , so stay with us and keep reading this post.
Update error 0x800705b4: what is it and what causes it
This update error, which carries the code 0x800705b4, is a critical error that is quite common in Windows 10 users. This error usually occurs when trying to perform an update in Windows and prevents it from running, possibly due to the lack of records and due to various corrupted or damaged files.
This problem is usually caused by errors in the registry , failure of the operating system in relation to updates, or improper installation of programs on the PC. It can also be caused by incorrectly attempting to install drivers or out-of-date drivers, thus generating error 0x800705b4.
These types of update errors cause you to not be able to update your PC immediately, which is very serious, taking into account what the updates on your PC are for and the important role they play in fields such as the security of the same.
How to fix update error 0x800705b4 in Windows 10
To make it easier for you to fix this error , we will introduce you to two ways you can easily fix it, so you can use the one you prefer:
Method 1: delete files from Windows Update
This is an effective method in some cases where the problem of error 0x800705b4 is that some of the elementary files for the update are damaged. To solve this, then you must delete these files and for the next update, Windows will create them by default.
- To delete the damaged files, you must first simultaneously press the Windows + R keys so that the “Run” option opens . When it opens, in the space indicated you type the command services.msc and then press the Enter key or click the OK button.
- When you do this, the Services window will appear, with a long list of services, in which you must locate the one called Background Intelligent Service (BITS), right-click on it and then click Stop.
- Then, further down the list, locate the Windows Update service and in the same way, right-click on it and then select Stop.
- Now, go to the file explorer and once there, follow the path that is from the C: \ Windows \ SoftwareDistribution drive and in this last folder you will delete everything contained within it, but without deleting the folder itself.
- Finally, go back to the «Services» window, and right-clicking and then on Start, restart the previously stopped services, so in the next updates the error 0x800705b4 will not appear.
Method 2: with Troubleshoot
In Windows 10 there is a tool called Troubleshooter that allows you to fix, report and indicate how to fix all kinds of problems, including update errors in Windows 10 and specifically error 0x800705b4.
- To find the problem solver, first you must go to Start> Settings> Update and security> Problem solver and from there we will locate the Windows Update section and click on it. When you do this, the Run the troubleshooter button will be enabled which you must click to open the troubleshooter.
- Then you have to wait a bit for the Troubleshooter to detect and analyze potential problems, so it may take a few seconds. After the scan completes, problems will be corrected automatically if they are fixable on the spot.
- If you want to know more about the problems you can click on See detailed information so that you can see more about the problems or errors dealt with, be it error 0x800705b4, update error 12029 or any other.