One of the most applauded updates this year has been the “dark mode” . They have wanted to adapt this great tool to various mobile and PC applications, such as in email , on social networks and even in your browser , so users of many platforms want to apply them to all platforms available.
Based on this, said tool had just reached the WhatsApp application for Android , but not the WhatsApp Web application officially. However, it is possible for you to enable dark mode on the WhatsApp Web platform using excellent third-party designed tools.
For that reason in this article, we want to examine this tool and show you step by step the correct way to activate it so that you have all your devices synchronized in terms of their appearance.
How to activate the dark mode in WhatsApp Web within your Chrome browser
If you use Google Chrome within your computer as your preferred web browser, and even any browser that is based on Chromium such as Brave does . If this is the case, you can easily and quickly activate the dark theme of your WhatsApp Web and all thanks to a free extension.
To be able to do so, you just have to follow the following steps:
- Start by going into the Chrome extension store and proceed to install the Stylus plugin .
- Once the first step is completed, proceed to install the Dark WhatsApp Web theme . This can be done by pressing the “Install Style” button .
- After that, proceed to refresh the WhatsApp Web page and that’s it.
When you reopen WhatsApp Web or refresh that page, you will see that the dark theme has been applied to your page and that its appearance will have changed.
Activating dark mode in WhatsApp Web within your Mozilla Firefox browser
If your case, on the other hand, is someone who uses the Firefox browser , the process to adapt this appearance to your PC is quite similar. For this, it is necessary that you start by downloading the same add-on that we have previously downloaded and that it also be applied in the correct way to your browser .
Here we explain again:
- Go back into the add-on store of your Firefox browser and proceed to download and install the Stylus extension.
- Once this extension is installed, proceed to install the Dark WhatsApp Web theme . This as with the other browser, you can do it by pressing the “Install Style” button.
- Once again reload the page and proceed to reload the WhatsApp Web page and voila, you will see how the entire appearance on the web will have changed completely and you will feel much more comfortable with it.
The ones we present here are two of the safest ways to apply the dark theme on WhatsApp Web in your browser. However, there are other ways to achieve it, such as with some extensions such as Dark Reader, which is available for Chrome, Firefox and even for Safari.
An additional option that we can recommend: Midnight Lizard
Midnight Lizard is known as an extension for Chrome and Firefox which also allows you to create various dynamic themes for all those websites that we access. Midnight Lizard also offers you various options for editing backgrounds and buttons.
All this with the sole purpose that you feel calm when you access various web pages and do not want random colors or brightness that could hurt your eyesight.
The settings you choose will depend entirely on the level of customization you want and also on the complexity you are willing to deal with.