Today Technology has allowed great advances in different areas such as construction, finance and entertainment. The latter has benefited greatly thanks to “HDR” technology that allows you to enjoy high resolution images. If you still don’t know it, we invite you to discover what an HDR file is and how to open it .
One of the basic things to be able to enjoy any multimedia file is to have a good resolution screen. So if your screen has this option and you don’t know how to activate it then pay attention to this article and we will show how to do it.
How to activate the HDR of your equipment and screen?
Having a screen that supports HDR capacity is a great benefit since you can enjoy images with a quite remarkable quality. It is important that you keep in mind that, if you want to activate it, you must have Windows 10. You can also activate the playback of HDR videos in Windows 10 . The steps to follow are very simple, the first thing you should do is activate the HDR and the procedure is as follows:
- Go to the start option, press the button and then you must select the configuration option , then access the system and then screen.
- If you have several screens and you have them connected to your computer, then you must select the one with the HDR capacity in Rearrange your screens.
- Now you must select the Windows HD Color Settings option and in the Screen capabilities option you must check that it says Yes next to the Use HDR section and activate it.
It is true that playing content with HDR using the laptop can reduce battery life. That is why there is a possibility that the manufacturer of your PC has disabled HDR as the default setting while you are using the battery.
This default power setting can be changed if that is what you want. HDR activates when your laptop is connected to power, but will deactivate when you disconnect it to save battery life. When you connect it again, HDR will automatically turn on. On the other hand, you can learn how to convert a normal low quality photo to HDR format.
Your screen may turn black while HDR is activated or deactivated, it is normal and you only have to wait a few seconds. To play HDR content when using the battery you must do this procedure:
- The first thing you should do is locate the Start button and press it. And like the previous steps, select Settings, then System and then Display.
- Now you need to select a presentation that is compatible with HDR in Rearrange displays and select Windows HD Color Settings.
- In the Battery options section you must make sure to uncheck the Do not allow HDR games and applications when running on battery.
How to correct common problems?
Since most HDR displays are primarily designed for watching HDR movies and videos, there is a chance that you need to do a few things to better enjoy your HDR display in Windows 10.
If you are having some trouble displaying HDR content from your computer, we will show you some things you can do to fix it.
If HDR does not appear on your screen or TV : You can try to solve it with several options, for example, you can make sure that your screen or TV has HDR activated. As the way of accessing the menu of your TV varies depending on the model, you should consult its manual.
Another thing you could do is go to Settings, then go to System and then Display to make sure that the Use HDR option is activated in Windows HD Color.
Yes in the Windows HD Color settings screen, Display capabilities Yes next to the Use HDR section, but the Use HDR switch cannot be enabled or disabled. It is even possible to apply it to your photos.
As we said earlier, the default power settings will disable HDR depending on the battery. To keep it activated, you just have to do the following:
- The most recommended is to plug in the laptop since HDR will activate automatically if your computer’s battery remains powered.
- Another option is to select the Start button and choose Settings, then System, then Screen, and then Windows HD Color Settings.
- In the Battery options section, you must uncheck the Do not allow HDR games and applications when running on battery and the problem will be solved, however, you must keep in mind that your battery will drain faster.